Effective: April 1, 2023
At Green Bike, we are strongly committed to transparency, and we want you (” you” or ” your“) to understand how we collect, use, share and protect your information. This Privacy Notice (” Privacy Notice“) describes how Green Bike handles information in connection with Green Bike ‘s websites (including its e-commerce shop), Green Bike -branded user-owned vehicles, Green Bike -owned vehicles and related mobile applications and services (collectively, the ” Services“), and when you otherwise interact with us. When specified, this policy also describes our data practices related to Juicers. Please also read our Rental Agreement which sets out the terms governing the Services.
The Types of Information We Collect
We collect or receive information in different ways. The types of information we collect or receive depends on how you use and interact with our Services. In many cases, you can choose the information you provide to us, although certain information (such as account information) is required for us to provide the Services and if it is not provided, we will not be able to provide the Services. We use and disclose this information for the purposes described further below. The types of information we collect include:
- Account Information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, address details, and payment information such as your credit card details. In order to use certain products, we may also require you to provide photos of your government issued driver’s license (front and back). When you purchase a Lime-branded vehicle on our e-commerce site, we’ll collect your shipping information. To avail of Green Bike access we also collect government-issued ID and proof of low-income status for verification purposes.
- We collect and process location data when you sign up and use the Services. For example, to accurately show you Lime vehicles near your location, it is necessary to collect and record the physical location of your device. Data such as the location of the vehicle, the routes taken by the moped, bike, scooter, or other vehicle and its rental status are also necessary to provide the Services. In the event you register your own vehicle on our Services, we collect location data to show you the location of your vehicle and to enable you to lock and unlock it. Lime also collects location data directly from Lime vehicles including when a Green Bike user is riding, such as journey information.
- If you link, connect, or login to Green Bike with a third-party service (e.g. Facebook), the third-party service may send us information such as your profile information from that service.
- When you ask for customer service, support or other assistance, you can choose to provide us with your contact information so we can better respond to your requests and we may keep information about your engagement with our support services.
- We collect information you share on the Services such as when you participate in communities or other forums, or comment on our social media accounts or blog entries. Depending on your camera or photo settings, Lime will receive information you choose to send us such as photos of parked Lime vehicles.
- We receive information about you when we use third-party partners such as marketing and advertising partners, such as social media networks.
In addition, if you are a Juicer who helps Green Bike collect and charge vehicles, we collect additional information:
- submitted as part of your application to work as a Juicer such as government issued identification;
- details of the work you carry out for Lime such as information about the vehicles you charge for Lime;
- your bank account details so we can pay you; and
- that which is required by law such as social security number, tax number or work visa.
How We Use Information
We use your information, including information about your location, to:
- confirm your government-issued driver’s license (if provided) is valid, not currently linked to any other Green Bike account, and has not expired;
- verify your selfie matches your government issued driver’s license such as by using facial recognition technology.
- monitor, track and service the Green Bike vehicles, including when they are in use by you. Where applicable, this includes collecting images and/or video footage of your ride;
- confirm riders and passengers are wearing a helmet and other legally required protective gear, where required;
- ship or deliver products that you purchase through our e-commerce store or otherwise, including associating the unique ID code of any vehicles purchased through our e-commerce store with your account;
- process payments, subscriptions or donations and any discounts or special offers such as free unlocks;
- communicate with you about your account, interactions or transactions including service- related announcements such as changes to our policies. As allowed by local law, we may also send you surveys or marketing communications on behalf of Lime and/or third parties, including information about features and enhancements to our Services;
- personalize advertisements to you (for more information, see the “Advertising and Analytics” section below);
- ptimize, develop and improve our Services, including for creation and training of machine learning models to optimize, develop and improve our Services (e.g. to improve the accuracy of our helmet detection software). To do this we may use third party analytics providers to understand how the Service is being used and to help us to improve the Services;
- where necessary, to comply with our legal obligations including to meet regulatory or local law requirements;
- detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate Green Bike ‘s policies or rental agreement or be illegal which may include sharing information with government agencies outside of your home country, such as law enforcement agencies; and
- share and collaborate with third parties such as universities, local government authorities and other third parties to build or improve transportation infrastructure, as described in the “Who Do We Share Your Information With?” section below; and
In addition, if you are a customer, we use your information to: calculate your pay and to pay you; and to monitor the work which you do for Green Bike and to track Green Bike vehicles.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We share your information with Green Bike’s affiliated companies, our service providers, other third parties where it is necessary to perform the Rental Agreement and as described in this Privacy Notice. In particular, we share your information with:
- Our service providers and partners : We share your information with our trusted service providers, partners, and their personnel who provide services to Lime such as hosting data and our infrastructure, providing ID verification services, processing payments and donations, supporting and improving the Services, performing customer service, or providing marketing and advertising services. For example, we share information with credit card issuers in order to process your payments and refunds.
- Collaborations with third parties : After removing certain identifiers, such as your name, phone, and e-mail address (where provided), and combining the resulting information with similar information from other users, Green Bike may use, license, and share your information, including individual trip records and trip location (journey) history, with third parties for research, business or other purposes. For example, Green Bike partners with universities to collaborate on research projects such as understanding traffic and travel patterns in a city.
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies : We may share your information if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to do so for legal reasons, including to meet federal, state, regulatory or local law requirements or as part of a judicial process or to detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues or to prevent harm or injury to you, members of the public, our staff, other third parties, or ourselves; or if we need to do so to defend our legal rights or property, to take action regarding illegal activities or traffic offenses, or to enforce our contracts, such as our rental agreement.
- Integrated Partners : We share your information with third party services which integrate or provide access to Green Bike vehicles and/or the Services and/or to provide access to third party vehicles on the Services.
- Green Bike affiliates : We may share your information with Green Bike affiliate companies to help provide, maintain and improve the Services. As we grow, we may expand our corporate family by establishing local subsidiaries or other affiliates as needed, to help us provide or market the Services.
- Business re-organization : We may also share your information as part of a sale, merger, change in control, or in preparation for any of these events.
We may also share aggregated, depersonalized, or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you with third parties, including the types of third parties listed above.
Advertising and Analytics
Where Green Bike uses the Facebook pixel (a type of cookie), to provide advertising to you, Green Bike and Facebook Ireland are joint controllers for this processing. Lime and Facebook Ireland have divided their responsibilities under GDPR in respect of this joint processing, for example, Lime is responsible for providing this notice to you and Facebook Ireland is responsible for managing your individual rights relating to the joint processing. For information on how to exercise your rights with Facebook Ireland in relation to the joint processing, and for information on how Facebook Ireland subsequently processes your personal information as independent data controller, please see the Facebook Data Policy.
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, except with your consent.
How We Transfer Your Information
As we offer our Services in many locations globally, we may transfer your information to or from these locations for the purposes of providing you Services.
How Long We Keep Information
We keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services to you or until your account is deleted, whichever is longer, subject to any longer period as may be required by applicable law or notified to you. Examples of some of our retention periods are set out below.
When you delete your account, it may take us additional time to fully delete your information from our databases and system logs. We may also retain information from deleted accounts to prevent fraud, collect fees, enforce the rental agreement, to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our legal rights.
In addition, if you are a customer, Green Bike retains certain information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Green Bike may keep some of your information in order to comply with applicable tax, legal, reporting and auditing obligations and other requirements in the countries in which we operate.
While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in limited cases. Some of these rights may not apply to you if you are based outside the regions indicated below.
Right to object (marketing) – You have the right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes at any time.
Right of access – You can access much of your information by logging into your account. You can also request a copy of the information we have about you and information explaining how the information is used.
Right of rectification – You have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate information about you.
Right of erasure – You have the right, in certain cases, to request that we delete your information, provided there are valid grounds for doing so and subject to applicable law.
Right to restrict processing – You have the right, in certain cases, to temporarily restrict the processing of your information by us, provided there are valid grounds for doing so.
Right to data portability – You may have the right to receive certain of your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such information to another controller.
Right to withdraw consent – Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to send you direct marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Furthermore, even in case of a withdrawal, we may continue to use your information as permitted or required by law.
Your Choices and How You Can Manage Your Information : We believe you should have choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. If you do not want Green Bike to collect your information, please do not use the Services.
Emails and Other Communications : If you would like to change the types of communications you receive from us, including opting out of promotional communications from us, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences specified in your account profile. We may continue to send non-promotional communications and other information about your use of the Service.
Accessing and Managing Your Information : If you have an account with Green Bike, you can review, change or delete your information by logging into your account and editing your profile. You can change your mobile phone number or email address by using our in-app change feature. You can delete your Green Bike account at any time by submitting a request to us at email@example.com or by using the in-app “Submit a Request” feature. If you are a Juicer and wish to delete your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org